Friday, July 9, 2010

6th day in Taiwan

6th day in Taiwan

Do you know, here in Taiwan, the longer your white coat are, the higher rank you are in the hospital?

Which is kinda ironic, because back in Indonesia, when you have shorter white coat it means you are either a doktor muda or a resident. Us medical student want that short tailored white coat!! So when I'm here, my white coat actually indicates I'm in the same level as the chief of the department! haha. Jangan main-main you!

So today I met another medical student doing his elective in Taiwan. He is rather old, 28 years old Singaporean in his last year of medical school. So it was cool to know some one close to home. But I guess I do feel a bit intimidated by him. He was telling me about his research mainly about breast cancers, Tamoxifen, osteoporosis and stuff, and I was totally space out. Helo aisyah!! Wake up!!

Nevermind that.

Today's afternoon, I walked aimlessly near my place, and found a very cool park in the middle of city. I was rather impressed that it didn't look too much of a handmade park, but rather the city council tried to save the most of the natural wonders there. So there was a small river running through, and a lot of old looking trees there, which I absolutely love to walk under! I even plan to come there again bringing my drawing pad and just draw some trees! Well, it was an idea anyways :P

Now, I noticed that every corner (okay, maybe not every corner lah) of the tall concrete condominium, there will be like a sports area place. Like just now, they have basketball court, tennis and squash court. How cool is that! Mind you, I didn't cuci mata tengok cute chinese guys playing basketball, but I did cuci mata to see all kinds of dogs taking a walk in the park. It was so adorable! Some even wore like a mini baju thingie! Coooomeeeeelll.

Ohya, another comel stuff I found out today is the garbage truck!

Everytime they drive past through, you'll hear a song blaring out from it. For some reason, they have to use Fur Elise song-a classic! haha.

Tomorrow, I'll be going to Hualien, east of Taiwan. It is supposed to be fun with meeting other student exchange, going Taroko National Park, cuttlefish fishing and rafting. So do pray I come back in one piece! Ahaks!

Cheers!

Aisyah's mumble: it comes and it goes. breathe in breathe out aisyah. it is all in the mind.

2 comments:

  1. wahhh.. aku sgt excited membaca diari perjalanan hidup kau kat sana. *over* keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnaks sudien :) terharu aku ko masih setia membaca

    ps:ini bukan teknik untuk untuk aku kasi special ole-ole untuk ko kan?

    ReplyDelete

we nag we gag