Sunday, June 23, 2013

Newbie Houseman

Salam,
Ola folks!

It has been awhile. So new updates, I am a houseman in Hospital Ipoh. Currently in the Orthopedic Department.

How is it you may ask?

Oke lahhh so far. I think it's a great exposure for us Indonesian grad. Give time for me to adapt to the system and all. Because seriously I can't picture myself masuk Medical as my first posting.

So ya, us Indonesian grad do have limitattion. Especially regarding the theory part. But it'll be ok if you study. Entering Ortho without having no exposure of Ortho in Koas, I would say, don't worry lah. You just layan with it. But if during your Koas years you've plenty exposure in inserting branulla, CBD and taking blood, then that's a bonus point for you. Because seriously, that skills will apply so much in HO.

Presentation of case is in English, so for those who is weak in the language, make sure you brush up your language, I've been "tegur" once because of my grammatical error (ah the 'is' and "was" makes a wholee lot of difference) and my pronunciation. Not cool.

Other than that, the other senior houseman is super nice and they're really helpful (unless they're in a stress mode la). Ask tons of question if you're not sure of things (yes kena muka tebal) and try to learn things fast. (it's a fast fast world out there).

One thing sure, MUST know your patient. Sometimes when you're oncall, you need to jaga 40 some patients. Make sure you know what's going around the ward. Later MOs or Sps datang, they will ask about this patient lah, that patient lah. If you don't know, kena marah. Hehe. I selalu blur. Not good. But trying to train myself day by day. I'm not a fast learner so, well, slow-slow.

My social life, has it turns out has slowly go down the drain. Ehe! over plak. Well, partly because I'm a away from home and I don't have any other Ugmamer with me (there's one but I'm not that close). So yeah, I'm kindda lonely because I don't have many friends here. SObs, Mula lah berangan nak kahwin cepat (Wooow!). Kidding.

But hikmah masuk Houseman (for someone reluctantly nak jadi doctor), I'm constantly reminded of Allah. Like He is my tukang mengadu. Seriously. (I tak boleh la nak asyik mengadu jer kan kat orang). You try to be happy of the simpler things, be grateful of simpler things too (contoh, if dapat makan lunch, Alhamdullilahhhh). I'm still learning of this game of life (ewah). Never knew it'll be this hard (eventhough sebenarnya takdelah hard mana, Syndorme Anak 2nd Last). But life never been this interesting.

I rindu usrah. That I must admit. Those things that happen in Yogya, I wish it'll never happen, but it happen. As much as I hope that kakak usrah will one day contact me and acknowledge what she'd done to me, well, I think it'll never happen ( I wrote a lengthy message to her. But sadly no reply. A bit disappointing really. Maybe my issue is not that important . And, I could never hear her side of her story pun).

But another kakak from Kedah has been really helpful. My sometimes tukang mengadu person. You won't feel bad if you've made mistakes, because she'd done that too. She'll explain as though she's really bad when she first start, so you won't feel you're much of a loser too (cuz you pun baru start). Another is a Kakak senior yang dah jadi Mo. She's very inspiring. So yeah, even though, I tak dapat attention that other kakak (attention seeker alert!), I dapat feel another ukhuwah with another person. So yeah, ok jer.

But tu lah, saya rindu usrah, Saya rindu ukhuwah. How can I say I constantly envious for those who can get to know more of Allah, more of my religion. But that contstant fear, the fear that you'll be dissapointed again, is just too overwhelming, But I try to take a leap of faith, and I ask a friend of mine if she knows any kakak usrah in Ipoh, because seriously, my life is not just about a being a doctor. It's about being a Muslim. Satu hari nanti, "aku akan kembali kepadaNya". Yer dak? oke dah mengarut. Huuu. Will see, will see.

I guess ni lah jer la update I can give you guys. Even sambungan pergi Hatyai tak dapat nak buat. I even when to Australia during my hols, tuh pun tak dapat update. Later lah if ada masa.

So guys, please pray for me! For patience and perserverance insha allah (and to finally jumpa my jodoh? *twink*)

Adios! :)


2 comments:

  1. Hello Dr., I have a few days before I have to decide which hospital to go for housemanship and feel like hospital Ipoh is quite a good choice. Can you give me your opinion in terms of willingness of the superiors to teach, workload, etc. Your reply is much appreciated. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dr., I have a few days before I have to decide which hospital to go for housemanship and feel like hospital Ipoh is quite a good choice. Can you give me your opinion in terms of willingness of the superiors to teach, workload, etc. Your reply is much appreciated. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

we nag we gag